We are reading:
We are singing:
“Going on a Picnic”
Going on a picnic,
gotta pack a lunch.
What should we bring to munch, munch, munch?
Let’s bring apples,
Let’s bring apples to munch, munch, munch.
(Repeat with other food items.)
We are making:
A paper plate apple!
Cut a paper plate on the sides to make leaf shapes. Color the leaf shapes green. Color the edges of the plate red. Draw seed shapes onto the center of the plate–or–glue real apple seeds into the center of the plate. Glue the leaves on the top of the apple.
A tip for you:
Keep good food in your child’s tummy! Some helpful tips for getting your child to eat healthy:
- Get your kids involved in planning and preparing meals.
- Go to the source by visiting a farmers’ market.
- Make healthy snacks available at home or on the go.
- Give kids freedom of choice with a base meal and optional toppings.
- Be a role model–let your kids see you enjoying healthy foods!