Once school starts I always use my crockpot more. It’s so easy, and I absolutely love having dinner ready when I get home from work. I was hoping this pin would be another good crockpot recipe.
Guess what? It was. These taco bowls are easy peasy, especially since I made the rice in my rice cooker. There were plenty of leftovers for lunch this week, AND it is relatively inexpensive! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 8 oz. frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 2 cups dry rice
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (optional)
- Add everything but the rice, cheese and cilantro to the slow cooker. Give everything a good stir and make sure the chicken is covered in the mixture.
- Secure the lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Near the end of cooking time, cook the two cups of rice according to package instructions.
- After 8 hours of cooking, carefully remove the lid of the slow cooker. Stir with a fork to shred the chicken. Build the taco bowls by placing rice on the bottom, then the taco chicken mix, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro.
I LOVE a Pinterest success, don’t you? What have you tried from Pinterest lately?